Saturday 9 January 2010

Feeling low

I'm having a really bad day today. Everything seems so futile and pointless. I'm crying my eyes out over nothing and can't shake the feeling that I am crap at everything I do. Or just not good enough. I struggle a lot with self confidence and conviction in my abilities and always look for the negative in everything. Some days it's worse and today is one of those. I feel like the biggest, most miserable, useless loser. Anyone else ever feel so desperately bad about themselves? I feel like I'm going nowhere.

God, I sound like a self-indulgent manic-depressive on this blog. I think I need to go and bake something, even though I can't actually bake.

6 comments:

  1. of course !
    most of the time!
    but we just keep going eh!
    for the good days.....fragile ego's require constant boying up.i have just made the most lovely tray of ginger and chocolate chip buiscuits..it does help..x hope your having a better day :-)
    you are wonderfull and talented (i know you will discount this..the voice in my head usualy argues back...if people say too much nice stuff ) ha ..ha
    sorry a bit deep for a sunday morning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Thanks, Lauren (you are wonderful and talented too!). You did make me feel better reading that. I was happier on Sunday and baked some lemony bunny-shaped biscuits to cheer myself up. Comfort in food is a dangerous thing, though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be posting something about steamed Chinese buns later today... they also cheered me up a bit on Saturday :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww hugs. I feel like this a lot. Not sure that is reassuring, but hey at least you are not alone! I think you have to be a pretty tremendous person to have the motivation and skills to do what you do.

    When I'm having a crap phase I always find its best to try not to beat yourself up about it and to just take every hour, day etc. as it comes, doing as many things that cheer you up as possible.

    And don't worry about sounding bipolar. Women always get accused of being mentally ill when they have the slightest whine about things. Its rubbish. Life isn't complete without a good moan every now and then, so moan away :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kat. I'm glad there are people (scarily quite a few of my friends!) who feel like this too :-). Sometimes I just need a weepy day and then everything feels better.

    ReplyDelete